Tuesday 19 November 2013

Lucinda Rogers

Lucinda Rogers is a reportage artist focusing on city illustrations, with New York and London being her subjects.

image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
Lucinda works with ink, watercolour and fineliner. I like her reportage illustrations because they almost remind me of architectural blueprints- there's a lot of good draughtmanship in her work and this is one of the qualities I especially like of her work.
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk

 The above drawings of London I think have captured the essence of the city well, helped by the way she uses flashes of colour in them and different tones of paper.

image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk
image credit to www.lucindarogers.co.uk

However, although the London illustrations are good, it's the New York ones that really stand out for me.
Again she has used different tones of paper which accentuate the hustle and bustle of the city that never sleeps. In the taxi illustration the red paper looks awesome with the ink and fineliner marks and stands out to me as an exceptional piece of work. This also relates to my work in that I tried using paper with different washes on them whilst doing my reportage and really liked the result I got.



RESEARCH ONLY- ALL IMAGE CREDITS TO www.lucindarogers.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment