Tuesday 19 November 2013

olivier kugler

Olivier Kugler has done many, many reportage illustrations for many different clients, including French reportage magazine 'XII', the Guardian and New York Magazine.



image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
image credit to www.olivierkugler.com

Like a lot of other reportage artists his illustrations are mainly line drawings, however what makes his style unique is that he leaves a lot of spaces between the lines, letting the brain fill in the gaps.

image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
The thing I like the most about his work is his way of drawing faces and expressions- when he draws them with other little views of the mouth or face alongside the 'real' one, it looks almost holographic to me and I think it's a really cool way of drawing a range of expressions.

Joybeans is also good at capturing facial expressions, although in a different style to this work. I like reportage that focuses on people because I myself enjoy drawing people and looking at other artist's ways of drawing expressions can help me develop my own.

image credit to www.olivierkugler.com
image credit to www.olivierkugler.com


RESEARCH ONLY- ALL IMAGE CREDITS TO WWW.OLIVIERKUGLER.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment