Monday 25 November 2013

'The Book of Drawings'

After all of the mini-projects we have completed within this module, the last is 'The Book of Drawings'.
In this we must create a book totally and wholly envisioned by ourselves of 6 pages (excluding any written content if any and the cover pages), and it should be a culmination of all our work so far.

To do this successfully I will have to research hand book-binding and making and I will have to thoroughly contemplate which drawings and sketches I will use to compose the final copy. It will probably help if I create a few quick mock-ups and try a few different kinds of binding to allow me to make the best decision regarding the way the book should be formatted, and I will have to explore the options I have regarding the printing of the pages and the layout and style of any text I may choose to include.

Other factors will be important here too, such as the size of the book (it should be big enough to allow details to be clear) and the material I will use for both the book jacket and the pages. Will it be a paperback or a hardcover book? How will I make that decision? These are just a couple of the questions I will have to consider while undertaking this project.

My first port of call will be researching existing handmade books by other illustrators in the industry and methods of hand making books. After I will consider the content and then the medium and any text I will include.

No comments:

Post a Comment