Friday 3 January 2014

Digital Manipulation- final pieces 1 and 2

For our Digital Manipulation unit we were to produce 4 final images.

 
 This was my first final image for digital manipulation. I spent quite a lot of time on this image, digitally painting it by starting with one base colour and then building up the shading and highlights from there. To get the white patterning I used a clipping mask over the colour layer and added the white where I wanted too. I locked the layer when I was satisfied with the shape of the patterns and then shaded them according to the rest of the body.

 
 
My second image had a similar approach to the first, although I specifically spent a lot less time on this one. I began in the same way by drawing some lineart and then colouring in the base. However this time I only added light shading and highlights, and I tried a different technique of colouring the hair all together. Instead of building up the hair with lots of layers of separate strands, I instead coloured different 'chunks' of the hair in different shades. I prefferred this image to the first one, mainly because I think the colours are a lot more complimentary to each other and I liked that I didn't have to slave over it for hours on end to produce a good end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment