Tuesday 22 October 2013

amanda drage

Amanda Drage is an equine and nature artist who works in a huge variety of mediums- from pencils and paints, to sculptures and digital methods.

digital art

soft pastel on mountboard
 I really respect Amanda because it seems she can apply her talent to all media. I also like the way her digital work has a painterly feel to it and doesn't actually look 'digital'.

coloured pencil and pastel on velour paper
coloured pencil on black mountboard
biro pen
ink

Her work is usually quite realistic however she almost always uses photo references. Although her technical ability is great sometimes I would like to see a little more movement in the drawings, but there's always plenty of character in her pieces which is something I'd like to incorporate into my own work.

pencil and biro sketch

image credits to amandadrage.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment