Tuesday 8 October 2013

Experimenting with watercolours pt 2- drawing


So after I did some washes in the pages of my sketchbook, I did some drawings over the top.

I wanted a way to experiment with colours and I thought this would be the best way to do it as watercolour paints give bright colours and complimentary washes and can be used quickly and easily. 


This background was a mix of watercolour paints and soft pastels. I have been trying to match the colour to the subject as best I can, if that makes sense- so the earthy tones of this background fit the stag drawing on top of it. 


This was a redraw of a life model sketch. I used fine liner to draw it again because I thought it looked really sharp against the painted background.

A few more examples of drawings with. colour backgrounds:



These next ones were done with ink and brusho: 


No comments:

Post a Comment