Tuesday 8 October 2013

Portrait sketches

In our first week we did a couple of exercises with drawing portraits of ourselves and each other.


This was one of my first self portraits, done with green pencil and finished quite quickly.


This drawing was of Sean done in red biro using a continuous line. I actually quite like the finished picture and I liked having to think exactly where I would draw each line.


For the next I quickly scribbled on some chalk as a back ground tint and drew with willow charcoal. I thought this was already a big improvement to my first portrait and I loved having a colour underneath my work which inspired me to paint my pages with watercolour as I posted about previously!


This self portrait was the last one I did that day. I copied the way I tinted the paper before I drew on it using a few different shades of blue soft pastel, and again used willow charcoal to draw with.

Although I got some bits wrong (like my mouth) I still think it's a big improvement from my first drawing and I'm happy with some of the new techniques I've found and liked too!

No comments:

Post a Comment