Tuesday 22 October 2013

dimwitdog

dimwitdog is an artist I found while browsing deviantart.com. Their main focus is on animals, and primarily dogs and wolves. I like their work because it's very macabre and just overall AWESOME.


dimwitdog uses both tradtional and digital media, sometimes in the same piece but usually separately. Their main traditional tools are watercolour paints used along with pens and inks. Although a lot of their works are dark, some of it is very colourful too.

 
I also think the way she draws fur and other textures is really cool- the detailed, scratchy style reminds me of old engravings of werewolves and monsters and of old drawings of monsters from years ago. I think it makes the image more 'disgusting'- I don't really know how to describe it but it adds more gruesomeness to it!




IMAGE CREDIT TO DIMWITDOG.DEVIANTART.COM - NOT OWNED BY ME - RESEARCH ONLY


No comments:

Post a Comment