Wednesday 14 May 2014

Beetroot/ The Oyster


The first poems I tackled were 'Beetroot' and 'The Oyster'. Since reading Beetroot, I had images in my head of a guy serenading a beetroot, practically declaring his love for it. This was the idea I picked for definite after doing some other little sketches at the bottom. 

Because the self portrait for London came out so well digitally, I decided to continue in that style for these works. I'm not sure if it will become my style yet but at the moment it's definitely something I'm exploring. 



The Oyster poem describes an oyster who is happier when he is moister. I had an idea of either a happy oyster in a shower or at the bottom of the ocean. I liked the shower idea but the drawing of the second oyster was better in my opinion, and so for my final image I combined the two drawings.


No comments:

Post a Comment