Wednesday 14 May 2014

London Self Portrait

For the exhibition at the Coningsby Gallery in London, we were required to submit a grayscale self portrait that was 50mmx50mm for a small pocket sized zine.

At first I tried sketching from a photo I had taken of myself. I was trying to get it realistic and looking like me, but halfway through I decided to scrap it because it wasn't going anywhere good. Taking the same approach as I did to the current module, i.e. not taking it way too seriously, and I doodled an idea of me looking down at a kitten which I actually really liked. It had a humorous element to it and looked like me so this was the sketch I was going to use.





I redid the sketch and refined it more, using a fineliner to define the lines more. I scanned it in and digitised the drawing, producing a portrait which I really liked because it looked smooth and professional but there was still a hand-drawn element to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment