Wednesday 14 May 2014

Changing Tracks

Throughout the project, although I've been making progress I was constantly unhappy overall with my work. The Witches, although a good idea in theory, left me feeling uninspired and unmotivated and it was really difficult to do anything I felt was worthwhile.

However I was really enjoying drawing for the Colin West poem submission, Good Homes for Kittens, and so I decided to change my chosen book from the Witches to The Big Book of Nonsense. 

I have also chosen a different poem (Beetroot) to submit to Colin West so I can use Good Homes for Kittens in my main project, giving me a total of six illustrations out of the ten needed. 

Final poem choice:

  • Good Homes for Kittens
  • The Oyster
  • Moose
  • The Goldfish
  • The Bat

I think that approaching this project with a more relaxed attitude and with a bit of humour will be the best way to go. I kept finding myself overthinking the illustrations I was producing for the Witches which made me tense up and did nothing for my drawing, whereas if I was just doodling little ideas for poems they were turning out really nicely. This is a turning point in defining my process (which was another thing I was having difficulty with) and is something I will have to consider in future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment