Monday 22 September 2014

Assignment Brief

Today the first assignment of the second year was started.

The topic is concepts based on music albums from various artists, both mainstream and alternative, new and old.

We must produce an album or vinyl cover, some merchandise, a poster in two formats and a smaller editorial illustration. Concepts are a big theme in this brief and should be at the forefront of our work. Therefore I will be chosing the album that I not only like but can gather lots of ideas relating to the work that I can produce in a marketable way.

Possible choices:

Kraftwerk- Trans Europe Express- a German electronic music band.
Iggy Azalea- The New Classic- a female rap artist.
Mozart- The Marriage of Figaro- a classical music composer.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu- Pika Pika Fantajin- kawaii/decora Japanese pop artist.
Jerry Lee Lewis- Great Balls of Fire- American rock'n'roll artist.

These are the albums that have stood out to me from the list, I think the lyrics have the potential to be very interesting and I like the sound of the musics. Mostly I started leaning towards Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Iggy Azalea; the music appealed to me more than the others because I like the bouncy beats and the highly-polished sound the albums have.


No comments:

Post a Comment