Thursday 25 September 2014

Common Themes within 'New Classic'

So, after doing a thorough analysis of the lyrics in the album, there were a multitude of themes I recognised throughout:

  • Wealth
  • Expense
  • High-class
  • Hard Work   ('hustle')
  • Success
  • 'Rags-to-Riches'
  • Focus and Determination
  • Non-Stop Drive
  • Inner Pain
  • Lone-Wolf attitude
  • Aloftness
  • Fashion and Style
  • Exclusiveness
  • Irreplacable
  • Defiance and Rebellion

To find the basis for my theory, I'm going to deduct what I think are the most important themes relating to the album and the artist via mind-map form. By doing this I can even link topics together if there is a direct relation between the two, i.e. wealth and career, because being wealthy will be a result of a successful career, thus also linking it to the buzzword 'success'.


No comments:

Post a Comment