Saturday 27 September 2014

Vinyl Cover Research (1)

So after some initial research into the depths of the internet, I found some exotic examples of creative vinyl packaging. This design was the first that caught my eye because of the impressive origami- yes, this 'sleeve' is composed of screen printed, origami folded paper.





At first glance it may not even seem like a vinyl cover. The paper is folded in a way representative of a birthing flower and reportedly was supposed to portray the feel and atmosphere of the music inside.




The paper cover gives a hand crafted feel, with attention to detail all over the octagonal origami. 
I like it because it's so different- how many mainstream artists go the extra mile to ensure their work is so totally different from anything else? I don't know but what I do know now is that it's entirely possible to make a feasible design from the simplest of materials. 

At this moment I'm unsure as to how this inspiration could come across in my work, but I'm toying with the idea of possibly using some type of printing in the packaging. Possibly it will only be for the title or some effects but who knows yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment