Friday 7 February 2014

Big Book Of Nonsense

Within this module we also have to illustrate one poem from The Big Book of Nonsense by Colin West. The book is a collection of short poems and little rhymes about everything from cats and hats to monsters and misters.

 

The book was illustrated by Colin too so it will be interesting to hear his thoughts on our interpretations of his writing. The poem I chose was 'Good Homes for Kittens'. 


The poem is quite simple, made up of six loosely rhyming couplets related to different breeds of cats. 

These breeds are:
  • Siamese
  • Angora
  • Tabby
  • Black & White
  • Tortoiseshell
  • Manx
 I chose this poem because I love cats and kittens (at home we recently just got two!) and because the poem is so vague and basically only describes the breed of the cat, I can have a free reign on the illustrations I choose to do. I will be researching these different breeds and their appearances to help give me some inspiration for this work and to ensure I depict the breeds properly in my illustrations.



And now some cuteness! Meet Raphael the tabby cat and Leonardo the gingie cat.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment