Friday 7 February 2014

cetin yildiz

cetin yildiz is a Turkish illustrator/ graphic designer hailing from Istanbul. He seems to work primarily in digital means, and has done commissioned work from big companies such as Nike.

 

 These were the two works of his that I liked the most. I really liked the colours used and the lines are interesting- he has used varying strengths of line, probably using a thin Photoshop brush with pressure sensitivity enabled.


I didn't like the commercial work as much as the first two pieces. I thought they were a bit simple, and didn't have much character to them. I think he suits a louder style of lineart because the very clean, neat lines look too constrained, especially with the mediocre colour palette. However it's normal for artist's commercial work to be a lot different to their personal style and I think it's great he can work both sides of the fence. 


I'm not sure if this was comissioned or personal work but I love the style of this. There's a lot of uncontained energy in this image which is one of my favourite aspects of it, and subject has a great character about her.

This kind of messy linework I feel relates much to some of my own work, especially during reportage:

 

I think there's a clear relation between the way I've quickly sketched out this reportage and the messy linework cetin does. 


I also felt that there was an essence of cetin's work in this rhino I drew. The line texture on areas where tone would be are very similar to the lines featured in the rhino he drew, and although there are some obvious differences (like digital vs traditonal media) I think this subtle similarity hold both these pieces in the same vein.


all images research only


No comments:

Post a Comment