Tuesday 11 February 2014

Bowes Museum Reportage

When we went to Bowes Museum, along with my DSLR I took my small square sketchbook to get some reportage.

 

There were three sketches that I really really liked. This one was a pencil drawing of the Silver Swan automaton, which is made of silver, worth over £500,000 and is almost 250 years old!

 

Because there were a lot of Baroque and Roccoco features within the museum this meant there were lots of interesting arches and sculptures to draw. I really like this one because I think that theres a good sense of depth in the image and I'm happy with the light suggestion of expression on the bust at the top of the arch. 


Although I didn't particularly like the drawing of the architechture in this sketch, I did like the sculpture drawing underneath. I wish I'd had more time at the museum so that I could have drawn the full sculpture in detail but I'm happy with this quick drawing of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment