Wednesday 12 February 2014

First page of Development- Boy

So far through this module I've found it difficult to come up with good ideas and concepts for characters in my head.
It sounds stupid but I've felt almost afraid to draw anything- after being disappointed with some of my work in the previous module I think I didn't really want to start drawing in case what came out wasn't up to the standard I wanted, and besides, staring at a blank sketchbook page can be quite daunting at times. 

Today I finally took the plunge and just started drawing. I had a vague idea of what I wanted the Boy to look like, and so I started to record that on the page. What I've realised is that when you have an image in your head of a character or image, some of the details are lost in translation when you put it onto the page, which is why development is so important because when you continue to draw the characters you can refine them to the point that the image you have in your head properly matches what is in front of you.



So on this page I just tried a lot of different styles of glasses mainly. I wrote little notes detailing my thoughts about the drawings in case I forgot. I also doodled some possible proportions and figures for the boy, as he could be any shape, just not fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment