Wednesday 26 February 2014

Book of Nonsense- Final Development

Then I needed to develop a layout and composition idea for the poem.
These are my first initial doodles:

The first idea was quite simple, of the cats running around and playing throughout the text.

My next idea was inspired by the book Gobbolino the Witches cat, as there is a chapter where he becomes a show cat and sits on a cushion and wears a nice ribbon and wins prizes for his master.
I thought that the cats could all be in a show, and would be placed 1-5, with the poor Manx cat being unplaced.

Another idea was of the cats sitting in an alley, all looking over a wall at the Manx cat, who would be an undeserving outsider of the group.

I narrowed it down to liking the second and third ideas most and sketched them out in slightly more detail.


I added a bit more explanation to these and elaborated on the layout more.

I chose to use the first idea of the cats being in a show, I felt it had more to it and I would be a lot more inspired to finish this really well. It also gave me more creative freedom as there would be many elements I could customise.



Then I drew some rough drafts of the cats. In 1st place would be the Siamese, proud and elegant, second would be the fluffy Angora cat, third would be the cute Tabby, fourth the tuxedo-clad Black and White, and fifth would be a mottled Tortoiseshell.
Coming last, and unplaced, would be a sad, dull Manx cat. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment