Monday 3 November 2014

Merchandise Mind Map

Before I did any of the illustrations I first wanted to finish the merchandise I would be promoting as part of the vinyl. To help figure out what would be the most effective product for her market, I started jotting down some ideas:



To design an effective product the target market must be thoroughly understood. From watching concert performances and listening to the sassy lyrics of her music, I would say her ideal audience is females from the ages of late teens (17+) to mid-late 20s. The sexualisation in her lyrics would appeal to quite a lot of young adults, as would her verses about money and fashion. Girls (usually) dress to make them feel like they look 'hot' and 'sexy' so to capitalise on this I decided that going down the 'fashion design' route would be the most sensible.

Personally, I tend to buy more clothes during the summer time because that's when my social calendar is at its fullest. A lot of people around my age have more spare time during the summer and less expense and so they have more money for clothes and other things.

So, what do these party people do during the summer? Go to the beach, of course, especially if they live near the golden sands of Miami or Florida. Even if one isn't close by vacations are easily affordable for most young people nowadays and most go to places like Magaluff, Marmaris, and other sunny beach locations in Europe.

Therefore it would be the best idea to design bikinis and swimsuits. These would be able to be designed in a range of styles that could appeal to all types of her fans, from the ones who aren't afraid to show some skin to the more modest girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment