Monday 3 November 2014

Song list and Credits

All modern albums these days have a song list, and a credit section where the producers, musicians, artists and any other helping hands get their due. For my own I wanted to use the same area to display the songs and credits because with the rest of the packaging being taken up by full illustrations, there wasn't really any other space to put it. However this isn't an issue, as with it being done with the same custom typography and borders it will still look decorative and 'pretty'.



This was the development page for the song and credit page layout. I wanted something that looked similar enough to the exterior of the packaging but with enough change to look interesting. I sketched a few really quick layouts I could choose from but in the end I picked the bottom right one after refining the middle top sketch. This way I could include the typography and decorations without having to squash anything up and there would still be enough white space to be reminiscent of the cover.


So of course I needed to draw a few more letters in the same style as the typography for the main cover; however I didn't need to do every letter as some were already rendered digitally. This gave me a bit of extra time because I didn't need to unnecessarily render the whole words.


For the text type I used a typeface called 'Andes' from dafont.com that I discovered during my typography research. The sans serif font is easily readable at a small size and is attractive and modern, while still definitely fitting in with the general 'theme' of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment