Tuesday 4 November 2014

Poster Development


This was my page of quick initial poster thumbnails, experimenting with different poses, content and composition. I wanted something that was really bold and eye catching, like the album packaging, and I wanted the focus to wholly be on Iggy.



I selected the poster with her standing confidently in the middle as the one to develop. I started playing with some different ideas here, even considering drawing a portrait/bust of her, but seeing as her bum is part of her 'image' and what definitely helps sell her music, I thought it was important to include that. I then had the idea to leave the background completely white, and to have the decoration black on white like the packaging. 

I also know that I want the suit that Iggy wears to be in colour, along with her hair and lips- small features I can colour that will be focal points for the audience. I didn't colour it fully because I just wanted to hint at colour- I wanted people to get a surprise when they open this vinyl expecting some black and white type and instead they get a spread of golden illustrations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment