Tuesday 4 November 2014

Refined Building Panels

From the previous thumbnail, I was able to really specify the way I wanted the panels to look. I used a similar composition in both of them so they would appear to mirror each other when the packaging was opened.



When drawing these I did my best to be as accurate as I could, using a ruler and guidelines to draw the images. This was just to give myself a helping hand because when using Photoshop to finalise the images I'll be using a lot of guides to ensure it's totally right. I deliberately designed the two panels differently from each other but I tried to use the same general shape in the design as a whole.

Another subtlety is the inclusion of a slightly phallic symbol in the left drawing. I included it because her work is very sexual and raunchy, with lots of swearing and suggestive dancing and posing. Fans leaning on the slightly younger side of the range (17/18) may not 'get' it straight away but her more mature audience (19-25) would probably look at it and smirk when they got the connection. I think it helps show that for all it's glamour and class, the album is still a rap and hip hop album where the music is generally aiming to be offensive, or at least to provoke a reaction of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment